General > New Member Introductions

Hello from Canada

(1/2) > >>

Cb750r:
Hi folks. I’m a long time owner of my 1977 F2

It was sold as a running bike but ended up being a mess of F and K engine parts and it rapidly turned into a never ending project bike. I’m currently doing the engine build I dreamed of when I was in my 20s and figured I’d join this group as well. [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

philward:
Welcome to the forum, lovely bike you have there! Enjoy the forum

Johnny4428:
Hello and welcome to the forum! That is definately a bitsa bike. What’s your plans for the bike going forward?

Laverda Dave:
Welcome to the forum.
Those wheels suit the bike, great location for a photo as well 8)

Cb750r:
Thanks for the welcomes. I did the wheel/fork/brake swap almost 20 years ago. At the time I found 1 photo of another guy who had swapped a cbr600 set over. Hard to believe now as it seems every modified bike has a set of USD forks on it. This wheel swap including tires/rotors/sprocket was a 50lbs drop in weights over the comstar wheels! (These are all from a Yamaha fzr600r)

I have had Mike Rieck in the US build me a free flowing F2 head, I ordered a mega cycle cam to Mikes recommendation and a set of 836cc pistons designed for the f2. Backed up by fresh Carillo con rods.

I had planned to have local machinist deal with Crank balance and polishing but I think I might just order a cycleX lightened/balanced crank.

I’m likely ordering a set of carbs to let this motor breathe. I’m looking at a set of RS34 likely. And to continue letting it breathe a Hindle exhaust (Canadian eh)

Look forward to sharing my progress. [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version