SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB750

Oil feed to clutch cb750k

<< < (4/13) > >>

Pauarc:
Just had a Quick Look at plug came straight out with no problem. No damage just had a little bit of sealer on the end turned over on start motor oil comes straight out see picture will have a proper look at the weekend and check the bearing outlet through to the clutch

Nurse Julie:
Looks good. Is the plug rubber and has it got a groove around it?

Pauarc:
Yes it’s rubber and still pliable, and it has a groove round it Like a top hat

Oddjob:
So I'd imagine the rubber bung is to plug up the oil gallery where it's been drilled to force oil to go up the 2 towers that look to be connected to that gallery, these towers look to be feeds for oil into the centre of the gearbox shafts, the longer tower I'd say is the feed for the clutch shaft, if there is oil at the bung and not at the clutch then it must be that one or both of these tower galleries are blocked, most likely with a blob of sealant. I'd try some compressed air down them to see if it blows it out, failing that you may have to dismantle the engine and really get in there to get whatever is blocking that feed out.

Try compressed air down from the clutch side first to see if you can feel it around the bung area.

Pauarc:
Yes that was my thought too so clutch cover coming off again and remove bearing holder select end and clutch so I can poke something through and blow it through with the air compressor looks like my weekend is gonna be taken up on the bike hopefully I find something blocking passage way

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version