Author Topic: CB550F side cover rubber grommets  (Read 905 times)

Offline Plammiman

• View Profile
Re: CB550F side cover rubber grommets
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2023, 09:24:29 AM »
Thanks for all the replies, it great to hear all the views and options. In this case going for original seems the best idea if you want to fit and remove the panel with the best chance of avoiding damage. Retention of the panel is also important as they get harder to find. I like the idea floated of a tether for the panel which should be easy to achieve. Thanks everyone 👍😁

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: CB550F side cover rubber grommets
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2023, 03:16:19 PM »
I'll look and see what the rubbers I bought were, bottom or top. Might as well sell the spares.

Just found the grommets, I have 10 x 83551-300-000, all separately sealed in genuine Honda bags. Of course I'll need 2 for myself so that means I have 8 spare. I paid around £40 for the 10 including P&P from the states, which TBH was almost as much as the grommets cost to buy, plus VAT. So I'll sell them at £4 each plus £1 P&P for as many as you buy, so 2 would be £9. DS wants £5.69 each plus P&P so I reckon the price is competitive.

I won't be posting until the New Year however, got family commitments etc so if you want any just let me know and I'll save you some, first come first served as they say, with original thread starter having first refusal as without that we wouldn't be having this conversation.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 04:07:23 PM by Oddjob »
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal