General > New Member Introductions

Hello from Pacific Washington USA

(1/5) > >>

ozzybud:
Hi all my name is Chris Osborne. I have an all Honda collection and recently added a 1975 CB400f. going to to a cosmetic restoration on it including new rims and spokes. i do all my own work and learn from these forums and YouTube.  i will attach some pics. I am interested in locating some clutch basket damper cushions. I have seen some talk on here about someone making them. it has 20k miles ans its definitely making some racket,

philward:
Welcome to the forum Chris - I'm sure someone will be along to help shortly to help.

Oddjob:
There was a member on here called Max who was making replacement damping rubbers for the 400-4. However, you should be aware that he’s now left the forum after certain members harassed him.

Afaik I’m the only member still in contact with him, he has told me he’ll be making a few more sets in the new year, he’s making just a couple of the B sets and around 6-8 sets of the A set. There are 2 different versions of the rubbers so you must find out which version your basket has before you try and replace them.

Whether Max puts them on eBay himself or whether he’s supplying me with some sets to sell onward hasn’t been determined yet. When he makes a decision about that I’ll let people know.

ozzybud:
How will I know if it's A or B?  Another post mentions they are different by the CC
398 or 408. Mine is a 408. I did not know the 400f had different Cc's

Oddjob:
I must admit to not knowing that as well and I was in the trade. However I trust Max to know what he’s talking about. Best to wait until he’s made them and then I’d say dismantle your basket (or buy a spare) see what’s in there and then order a set. I can recall seeing 398cc on some barrels so the fact yours show 408 means he must be right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version