General > New Member Introductions

Hi from Somerset UK

(1/4) > >>

Kickback:
Hi, I've had Hondas since the late 70's, most recently a CBF1000 but am now on a 23 GS1250 and early restored Laverda. I've always admired the 750 Phil Read Rep / Honda Britain models that made such an impression on me in the day and am thinking of a project bike. Looking forward to soaking up the knowledge first.

Laverda Dave:
Welcome to the forum Kickback. Enjoy the banter and advice that is always available here.
So, what's the early Laverda you have, a 100, 200twin, an early SF a pre-production V6 maybe 😎.

Rozabikes Tim:
Welcome Kickback.

The man you will  need on this forum if you weren't  aware already, is Haynes66 who either runs or has involvement in the Phil Read Owners Club.

Kickback:

--- Quote from: Laverda Dave on December 30, 2023, 10:27:41 AM ---Welcome to the forum Kickback. Enjoy the banter and advice that is always available here.
So, what's the early Laverda you have, a 100, 200twin, an early SF a pre-production V6 maybe 😎.

--- End quote ---
Thank you, yes I have a 'camel back' tank 71 750sf. The engine was allegedly 'inspired' by the Honda CB77 and produced 60+bhp, which in 71 was quite spicey for a 750 road bike. I do love the thing... but get fed up with being asked "is it a Jota mate?" Ĝ ;D

Kickback:

--- Quote from: Rozabikes Tim on December 30, 2023, 10:34:28 AM ---Welcome Kickback.

The man you will  need on this forum if you weren't  aware already, is Haynes66 who either runs or has involvement in the Phil Read Owners Club.

--- End quote ---
Thank you 👍

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version