General > New Member Introductions

Greetings

(1/7) > >>

Shetland Biker:
Hey guys,  new to the forum and pretty new to motorbikes too.  passed my A licence in August this year and moved onto a 650cc Bandit.  i am going to be getting a 1970s cb750 which doesnt need just too much work to get it back on the road.  so i have joined to get some helpful advice and pointers from you all lol. 

Orcade-Ian:
Hello from Orkney!
Not sure but you might be the first from Shetland - Steve, the moderator will soon put me right (or wrong). There might be a 750 for sale here in Orkney - not perfect but needs normal re-commissioning after not being used for a while.  It belonged to one of our Vintage Club members who has sadly passed away.  He took a red Simca 1100 to your last Classic Show and always had lots of bikes at our own Vintage Rallies.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Ian

taysidedragon:
Welcome to the best forum. Plenty of helpful advice here when you need it. 👍

Shetland Biker:
i do have a bike lined up,  its in reasonable shape,  its missing the carbs and exhaust.  the exhaust i can find easily enough but the carbs im struggling a little with,  i can find some but they are all in Europe and i dont really wanna pay the customs duty/VAT to ship them over lol.

Orcade-Ian:
A bit of a divergence from your original post but might throw some light on importing stuff.  Someone on here might know if the system has changed recently but we frequently bought wine from Germany on our many trips.  Covid came, so no trips and we ordered direct from our friend's vineyard - paid carriage but no duties.  The B....T word then came along and we were stung on the next order with £94 duties.  Ordered more last September (it evaporates with the Orkney heat you know) Postie delivered case with 18 bottles and no duties to be paid.
Question is - has the system changed as I can't believe they just missed this consignment and if it has changed, will it apply to bike bits ordered from Europe?

Ian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version