SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

550/4 supersport

(1/1)

alex 70:
Hello to everyone .Ive been offerred the chance to purchase a 1976 model of the 550/4 supersport 12,000 miles on the clocks runs fantastically well I know the bikes full history right back to the guy who built it out of the box .It needs some slight work to the chrome and possibly the engine painted to make it perfect no restoration work has been done previously do you guys think this is a sound investment if I get it im keeping it not interested in a quick buck as I absolutely love the bike and want a little piece of  honda history,thank you for any help or guidance very much appreciated ;)

Bryanj:
Its not a model that is appreciating at the moment and some original parts are hard to come by but it was a good bike and with history and if you like it plus the price is right go for it

matthewmosse:
Investment, not really, they always cost more to put right than they are worth and cosmetics cost a lot to do, but with that history and at the right price it could be a nice bike that won't cost (much) for you to own it and have some fun with it.

alex 70:
Thanks guys appreciate thatjudging by your comments its a fair price for a nice bike and if you guys dont know no one does.Who knows what thr future holds im lucky to be offerred such a nice bike and will take great pride in making it look its best at all times, thanks again ;)

florence:
I don't think you should think in terms of investment, if you want to do that buy a Brough Superior or something. 

These bikes are fun and reasonably cheap to keep on the road.  If it's low mileage and has been looked after you should be able to ride it for many years.

I am very much against restoration, be pleased that a bike shows it's age a little. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version