SOHC.co.uk Forums > Anorak's Corner

Tyre Changing Jigs

<< < (2/5) > >>

AshimotoK0:
I did manage to put my CB500K0 tyres on last year manually (with Ben Powell on here helping me too) , without using any levers but it was a real struggle. I am looking for a rig which will take all of the huffing and puffing out of the task. The 250 RS has alloy rims too, which is a new one for me. We did try the ty-wrap method advocated on Youtube but it didn't really work for us.
The tyres are all on my bigger bikes now, so the biggest I need to do will be 350-18's. All of my rims are genuine old school DID (i.e no horrid side scripting)  , so I can't afford to damage them

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
My tyre fitting days ended several decades ago respect to those who can do their own.

Bryanj:
From the pics all the ebay links are just bead breakers and a stand so you dont hane to grovvle on floor.
The first, most expensive one, looks to have the jaws to fit the tyre as well, i would ask to see instructions on use before buying, the expensive looks like it has a ballancing stand as well, kawasaki did very good plastic rim protectors, similar to ebay item 385762216748 but sturdier.
Hope that helps mate

Laverda Dave:
I had to use a hacksaw a couple of weeks ago to get the 30 year old tyres off the rat bike and that was hard work as the tyre closes in on the blade the deeper the cut. I wouldn't even consider putting a tyre on these days, I used to put my speedway bike tyres on but they were pliable.

AshimotoK0:

--- Quote from: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on January 12, 2024, 12:07:19 PM ---My tyre fitting days ended several decades ago respect to those who can do their own.

--- End quote ---

I have my 28 year old muscle man Ben Powell to assist.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version