General > New Member Introductions

Greetings from the Wirral !

(1/3) > >>

matador:
Hi Everybody, I'm the proud owner of a 1973 Matador Red CB350F which I obtained back in November of 2022, kept it stored for the winter, comprehensive service in the spring & managed to cover over 1000 trouble free miles on it on sunny days last year !.

I hadn't ridden since the early 1980s and first started looking for a bike probably around 10 years ago, I remember seeing a great looking 350F for sale in Yorkshire around that time but couldn't justify the spend at that point. I started looking again a couple of years ago & the bike I have now cropped up, the wife (she's a good'un !) encouraged me to buy it, it turns out it was the same bike I saw all those years ago !!.

It is very original bar the pipes, which the guy who imported it (think it was Rod Currie, great stuff from him on youtube) replaced, as the originals obviously had long disappeared. At one point the bike was on the cover of Classic Motorcycle Mechanics in May 17. The owner at that time had replaced a cracked triple tree. Apparently the bike had been stored for decades in the USA, I noticed that you can just see traces on the side panels where there has been stickers for 'Jandebeurs Motorsports Park' in Oklahoma.
Bike only has 11800 miles on it now, Other than service items I have only replaced a few rubber components that had perished to the point of threatening damage to other parts.

Have had great fun riding & working on the bike & learning about it in some depth.

When I get a bit more time I will probably have some questions to post up to ask for some advice from you guys with all the experience !!.

Cheers for now !!.

magpie114:
Welcome to the forum from another 350/4 owner. Bike looks in great condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oddjob:
The bars don't look original Matador, American bars were higher than the UK ones but I don't think that high. They look like semi apes TBH.

andy120t:
Welcome aboard! Lovely little 35,0. I used to own one but with the 'wrong' tank and seat and exhaust. That looks very nice.

Spitfire:
Welcome, the bike looks really nice, I always liked the looks of the 350.

Cheers

Dennis

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version