SOHC.co.uk Forums > SOHC Singles & Twins

What have I done - early Honda Dream project....

(1/4) > >>

honda-san:
As something a little different to the various sohc fours I have tinkered with for a great many years now, I recently acquired a 1960 C71 Honda Dream. Of possible interest / note is the fact that this a "dry sump" dream, having a separate oil tank on its right side as per the later CB750 SOHC's.
Just 4,600 KM from new and imported from Switzerland last year, based on various battle scars on its right side suggesting a crash of some kind it appears to have been laid up a very long time ago.
It came with NOVA paperwork and a VJMC dating certificate and so the DVLA application for a UK reg. is already underway. Initial plan is simply to make it whole again and see if it will run. After that, we'll see.

Immediate needs are to find a pair of handlebar switches and a left side side panel. If anyone has any thoughts / leads, much appreciated (1960 - 1962 pressed flat handlbar C72 / C77 parts should (!) be able to be used).

This is unlikely to be a fast moving project, none of mine ever are (the sandcast I bought in 1991 is still not quite finished - this year.......)

Cheers - Chris R.

Johnny4428:
Nice project there Chris, know nothing about these early Hondas, mine are all 70s models. Good luck with it though!

Laverda Dave:
Wow, that is certainly different. Are you a member of the VJMC, if not I would join and put an advert in their members magazine, I think it's called Tansha. Ash may be along soon and he may be able to offer some additional advice.
Great project though, good luck getting it running.

AshimotoK0:
Following this with interest Chris. Does it have the satin finish where the knee are is on the tank panels like on the C75/70?

How often do you see a project bike with the mega rare (and hence expensive) tyre pump and also the carb alloy covers.... you did well there ! Most sellers,  like DK for example,  would have taken them off to make a killing on, as a separate sale.

Bryanj:
Looks nice Chris, you sure you have space in the garage?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version