Author Topic: What have I done - early Honda Dream project....  (Read 1114 times)

Offline honda-san

• View Profile
Re: What have I done - early Honda Dream project....
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2024, 05:53:27 PM »
Update regarding application for UK reg:-
As this bike came to me with a VJMC issued dating certificate and NOVA number, I sent in an application to DVLA for a UK re. number by regular first class post on 10th January.
On 17th January an e-mail was received from DVLA telling me it would need to be inspected, and for me to contact the vehicle inspection company directly to arrange this. I did this immediately, and the inspector visited me on 19th January. He was here for no more than ten minutes during which time he simply asked if it ran ("No") and then proceeded to take a series of pictures from all four sides and also of the frame and engine numbers.
Today, 27th January the V5C was received confirming the UK reg. number.

Seems the system can work if the paperwork is correct, and maybe with a little luck.....

And thanks to Tony B, I now have the necessary missing parts to enable me to move forward with this one.

Chris R.
Chris R.

Offline andy120t

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2024, 07:32:09 AM »
Good work! That's a lovely little bike - I like the colour too...I generally think of those older ones in black so it makes a change.
andy120t

CB550f/k
Zephyr 550
ZX6R G1
GSXR 7/11 - I need to sell it
Triumph 5TA - and this..

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2024, 10:41:54 AM »
Good news with the registration document - look forward to some photos if you are doing a restoration/engine strip etc.
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal