SOHC.co.uk Forums > Other Bikes

St70 Ign

<< < (2/2)

Johnny4428:
Do apologise! I couldn’t be further from the mark! Think I was on another channel. At least at my age I can call it a “senior moment” 🫣😂

Bryanj:
Back in the 70's when i worked on strimmers, brushcutters and the like with small 2 stroke enginesthat had mag ignition you could buy a little plastic module about 1x1/2x1/4( inches!) that you bolted outside the mag and it took over the points job, different colours for different engines.
Absolutely no idea now what they were called or where i got rhem from wholesale but it might be worth to looking for a garden machinery shop with an old guy in it an asking them.

Alternatively the flywheel and backplate from a newer 50 might fit, doubt the 70 would.
Hope that ramble works

mo goldie:
well it comes to us all........... well Most anyway at our ages...... say No More lol.

well they do a system but to buy one cost the earth .... Like £250 plus..... blime.......... thats a lot of points ha
for that I will stick with the points ha ......

Thanks Bryan

still working on the Bomber too at the Moment still getting the cases all painted up ..... just I thought someone might Know somewhere over here that Might do them  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version