SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB350/400

Fine tuning?

(1/5) > >>

ComfySofa:
As above...not sure what it is...its not running i would say 100%....i had a carb leak last week....took the carbs out, took the bottom float bowls off of the middle 2.... gave them a good clean...which sorted out the leaking and i hasten to add it started a bit better also....its not really been used over the winter...went out on it earlier just to turn the engine over.....observations so far....

1. Doesnt want to tickover properly...i can turn the main idle up itll sit a 2000 but anything below it'll conk out...
2. When i got back i noticed exhaust fumes coming from the pipe underneath the airbox.
3. Have to give it lots of revs to pull away but not sure if thats the norm...could be just me...

So back to the original question....does it need a tune-up..? or is it the "way they are"?? as it were?

Johnwebley:
No, they are not like that,

Tickover should be smooth between 1,000 and 1,200

Check the colour of the plugs,

May be sooty, because its on Tickover,

Sounds like maybe the slow running jet could be dirty/blocked

Have you altered the ignition at all?

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

ComfySofa:
Its got a digital ignition on there (one from David Silver)

Ill check the plugs tomorrow.

Assuming its not running correctly then this will be a steep learning curve! i must confess im just happy that its still runnng!

Thanks for the reply.

Oh... Why is there exhaust fumes coming from the airbox?

ka-ja:
Did you leave that rot causing petrol in the carbsb over winter, it causes all sortds of problems.

ComfySofa:
It has been in there yes but, I've taken it out around the block once a month.... Is there anything I can chuck in there to clear it out...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version