SOHC.co.uk Forums > SOHC Singles & Twins

Sloper alert

(1/5) > >>

Laverda Dave:
Just seen this on eBay. Only two very poor photos but looks to be nearly all there. Still 6 days to go so likely to go for serious money but maybe worth a watch.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/196261983019?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2ZgTnFgbQ5y&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=5XpGce3OSuS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

AshimotoK0:

--- Quote from: Laverda Dave on February 25, 2024, 09:35:29 AM ---Just seen this on eBay. Only two very poor photos but looks to be nearly all there. Still 6 days to go so likely to go for serious money but maybe worth a watch.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/196261983019?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2ZgTnFgbQ5y&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=5XpGce3OSuS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

--- End quote ---

Yea looks bog standard original Dave and potentially a good project for someone.. even the tank badges are correct. Someone told me that when they pressed the 175 sloper silencers there was an area that came out thinner than intended and that area rots through easily. So I guess the silencers will be toast on that bike but will attract buyers.

Very poor photos though and why would anyone start an auction at fifty a quid with no reserve? Looking at sellers profile ..no history of bike related sales so maybe inherited it .

Seems DS had his ar$e kicked on this  immaculate CB92 with race kit that he shipped to Mecum Auctions in the States,  by selling it with no reserve. Had he advertised that bike on his UK website he could have sold it easily for double that. I guess the theory was that a year or to back a similar bike went for mega money at Mecum. Not sure but I think it went through at some unGodly hour early in the morning, so maybe a lack of bidders.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

This was the 2019 sale of another 1963 example that probably spurred him on to send to Mecum.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Laverda Dave:
Wow, somebody got a bargain there. He must have made a big loss on that when you take into account the shipping costs and auction fees etc.
I can see the parts prices going up to cover it!
The sloper could be a bargain although it has already attracted a few bids in the limited time it's been on eBay. You would have thought the buyer would have taken some more better quality photos, the side on shot appears as though it's a photo of a photo.

Laverda Dave:
And just as I said that some more photos of the bike have been added. The original two photos were terrible. 9 bids already, it's hotting up with six days still to go.

Laverda Dave:
Repeat after me 'I must NOT bid, I must NOT bid' 🤔

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version