SOHC.co.uk Forums > SOHC Singles & Twins

Sloper alert

<< < (5/5)

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
I found my 400 on e-bay - I did not bid on it but went to view it as it was local sale had just over a day to go. Did a deal outside e-bay with the owner paying a couple of hundred over the last bid.

BigAl (Alan):
Quite  surprised with the £2K final bid. I would have thought £1.5K, although it does have all the hard to find parts.
Completed a 'sloper' restoration 9 years ago...final re-chroming bill on this bike...£££

Laverda Dave:
Weight for weight I think chrome plating is now more expensive than gold!
I paid £1000 for two mudguards, stays, headlight rim, chain guard, kick start lever & knuckle, rear brake pedal, rear brake arm and two rear chain adjusters. The cost to re-chrome two wheel rims was going to be £600!
I have to say the work was 100% top notch and you get what you pay for but it still stings. TBH this is not all the plating shops fault, it is the fault of the goverment and EU virtually banning the use of chrome plating.

Seabeowner:
Plenty of nasty stuff in cleaning and plating shops. Know someone died when they fell in a trich tank years ago when that was used as common and also a couple of others in our work who had badly damaged skin. And that's on the outside.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version