SOHC.co.uk Forums > SOHC Singles & Twins

Sloper alert

<< < (2/5) > >>

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
Four different bidders - promising start this early on.

AshimotoK0:

--- Quote from: Laverda Dave on February 25, 2024, 01:09:53 PM ---Wow, somebody got a bargain there. He must have made a big loss on that when you take into account the shipping costs and auction fees etc.
I can see the parts prices going up to cover it!

--- End quote ---

It wasn't all bad for him .. he sent a 'D' kit CB450K0 that he bought last year at auction in the UK for £10.5k  (a member on here's bike) and flipped it for $27.5k

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Laverda Dave:
There was a very interesting article written by Hugo Wilson in CB about the state of auction prices in the classic bike market and in particular for 1990’s ‘classic’ Japanese bikes.  He sold his Kawasaki ZX750 at the Stafford sale in October for less than half the price he paid privately for it the year before. A second generation VFR750 with low miles didn’t do much better either.
It seems the buyers who attend these auctions will only pay decent money for very low miles, 100% original 1990’s bikes with the rest being disposable fodder.
I guess if you go back 20+ years buyers probably said the same about 70’s & 80’s bikes but look how they have climbed and are still climbing. The price of British bikes is tumbling these days, even BSA Gold Stars are starting to dip and probably as a result of these bikes no longer attracting the buyers who wanted them when they were younger as they themselves are now in their 60's,70’s & 80’s and are no longer able to kick start a 500cc high compression and tempremental single. When I watch Bangers & Cash I notice when a 1930’s/40’s/50’s car comes up for auction they have trouble shifting them for any decent money and rarely do they ever meet the reserve.

Craizeehair:
I had convinced myself that I didn’t really want a sloper… but I do really. That looks a nice place to start.

Bryanj:
Look carefully at the log book foto,
Ist reg nov 68
1st keeper change dec 67!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version