Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1149 times)

Paddy65

Re: Hello
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2024, 09:52:30 AM »
Hi Dave thanks for the road info. I get up the A1 up to my mother in laws house near Bedford. Some good roads and villages around there.

Will definitely give you a shout when the weather improves

Will give HGB a look.

Thanks for the links Ashimoto. I have the owners manual for my bike and a Haynes workshop manual.

Will go through your parts manual to see what I need.

To be honest I’m not sure I need much? Bike runs well after jetting and sorting out a dodgy fuse box!

Engine only has 50 odd miles on it since rebuild.

I’ve had Rex at Victory Motorcycles go through it.

Thanks for the welcome Moorey.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2024, 10:17:38 AM »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2024, 11:01:50 AM »
Hi Paddy,
And a warm welcome from the other one in Orkney!  I also have a 550 F1 in 'shiny orange' as Honda called it.  I had paint mixed by Dingbros who had my original side panel for matching - think their system said 96% match and the tank looks fine to me.  Might be able to get the info from them if you need it.
I think I have a spare plenum chamber for the carb inlet rubbers to connect to but it has a crack in it - which I would say could be repaired, no plastic missing.
I got my bike from a very well respected member on here and put a few bits on my site:

http://www.stallard-engineering.co.uk/stories/Bikes/Japanese/Honda%20CB550F1.htm

It's a great place to ride Paddy but like everywhere, the pot-holes are getting worse.  Lots of great scenery, plenty of cafés and lots of toy cupboards to visit!  I'm sure Johnny will add more - he's a real Orcadian, I'm just an exiled Yorkie, drummed out for being too tight!

Ian

Offline Jan B

• SOHC Associate
  • Everything you can leave behind is a gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2024, 11:04:36 AM »
Welcome and congrats on passing the test.
Safe travels!
CB500K1
CB750K2 [project]
BMW F800GS

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2024, 11:49:55 AM »
I found Ian's website link interesting - I also went off-piste onto the Bike Sories - German connection - interesting reading for Paddy about the 550.
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Paddy65

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2024, 02:07:17 PM »
Hi Ian and Jan and thanks for the welcome.

Ian I’m jealous of the views you must have! Your web link looks very interesting and will spend a quiet afternoon having a good look.

Thanks for the paint info. I have my nephew who owns a paint shop although for cars but he has done a lovely job on a 1972 CB125s tank for me a couple of years back. A red and white one. Unfortunately sold that last year and regretted it. It was so original even down to the pedestrian slicer number plate on the front Mudguard. Looking for another one at some stage.

I’m off to York on Thursday for a few days. Do they still use the barter system up there? 😉

Paddy65

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2024, 02:29:26 PM »
Thanks for the Dropbox link Ash 👍

Offline Johnny4428

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2024, 10:02:59 PM »
Hi Paddy,
And a warm welcome from the other one in Orkney!  I also have a 550 F1 in 'shiny orange' as Honda called it.  I had paint mixed by Dingbros who had my original side panel for matching - think their system said 96% match and the tank looks fine to me.  Might be able to get the info from them if you need it.
I think I have a spare plenum chamber for the carb inlet rubbers to connect to but it has a crack in it - which I would say could be repaired, no plastic missing.
I got my bike from a very well respected member on here and put a few bits on my site:

http://www.stallard-engineering.co.uk/stories/Bikes/Japanese/Honda%20CB550F1.htm

It's a great place to ride Paddy but like everywhere, the pot-holes are getting worse.  Lots of great scenery, plenty of cafés and lots of toy cupboards to visit!  I'm sure Johnny will add more - he's a real Orcadian, I'm just an exiled Yorkie, drummed out for being too tight!

Ian
As Ian says quite nice roads for bike riding up here, but can’t stray too far from home before reaching the sea. Short ferry takes just over an hour to cross to the Scottish mainland if we want a change of scenery.
1952 Cymoto on Triumph bicycle.
1961 Matchless G3
1974 Honda CB550K1. Running resto,
1978 Honda CB550K3.
1999 ST1100 Pan European 50th Anniversary.
1975,1980,1984,1986 Honda C90’s
1973 Honda CB750K3

Offline Gromitdog

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2024, 07:39:29 AM »
Hi Paddy

A warm welcome to the UK SOHC Forum enjoy the help and banner

Gromitdog & Muttley the Honda
KEEPING IT SHINY SIDE UP IS ALWAYS A GOOD RESULT ON A RIDE OUT

Paddy65

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2024, 08:05:53 AM »
Hey Gromit

Many thanks for the welcome.

I’m learning a lot just reading posts.

A wealth of knowledge here which will help me no end.

Unfortunately I have no room to do any big work but can get on with basic tasks on a dry day.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal