General > New Member Introductions

Hello

<< < (4/5) > >>

Paddy65:
Hi Dave thanks for the road info. I get up the A1 up to my mother in laws house near Bedford. Some good roads and villages around there.

Will definitely give you a shout when the weather improves

Will give HGB a look.

Thanks for the links Ashimoto. I have the owners manual for my bike and a Haynes workshop manual.

Will go through your parts manual to see what I need.

To be honest I’m not sure I need much? Bike runs well after jetting and sorting out a dodgy fuse box!

Engine only has 50 odd miles on it since rebuild.

I’ve had Rex at Victory Motorcycles go through it.

Thanks for the welcome Moorey.

AshimotoK0:
CB500 / 550 F SHOP MANUAL .... AMMENDED 08/22
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lirtu1euydi0rol/Honda%20CB500_CB550%20%20Four%20Service%20Manual%20Ammended.pdf?dl=0

Orcade-Ian:
Hi Paddy,
And a warm welcome from the other one in Orkney!  I also have a 550 F1 in 'shiny orange' as Honda called it.  I had paint mixed by Dingbros who had my original side panel for matching - think their system said 96% match and the tank looks fine to me.  Might be able to get the info from them if you need it.
I think I have a spare plenum chamber for the carb inlet rubbers to connect to but it has a crack in it - which I would say could be repaired, no plastic missing.
I got my bike from a very well respected member on here and put a few bits on my site:

http://www.stallard-engineering.co.uk/stories/Bikes/Japanese/Honda%20CB550F1.htm

It's a great place to ride Paddy but like everywhere, the pot-holes are getting worse.  Lots of great scenery, plenty of cafés and lots of toy cupboards to visit!  I'm sure Johnny will add more - he's a real Orcadian, I'm just an exiled Yorkie, drummed out for being too tight!

Ian

Jan B:
Welcome and congrats on passing the test.
Safe travels!

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
I found Ian's website link interesting - I also went off-piste onto the Bike Sories - German connection - interesting reading for Paddy about the 550.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version