Other Stuff > Desperately Seeking!!

Air box assembly. Got One.

<< < (3/4) > >>

Laverda Dave:
My Viffer is running great Roo. The ULEZ compliance faff caused no issues whatsoever as I took it to a place in Stevenage run by an ex racing god so he knew exactly what to do to make it compliant. Basically all he did was lean off the fuel injection on a closed throttle and it was done, passed with no other mods. The guy in Bow said it would need a cat fitted at £350 plus the £175 for the initial test and another £75 for a retest. Daylight robbery.
I rode it at 15mph for 12 miles a couple of weeks ago as I was in the funeral procession for Mike Harrington of HGB who sadly passed. It ran absolutely fine but did get up to 95c at some points but as you say, all Viffers get hit under the collar, great in winter though to keep you warm😊

Laverdaroo:

--- Quote from: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on March 04, 2024, 10:26:33 PM ---I have yet to read about anyone on here using the newish waterless coolant on a bike - its better than water for it's cooling properties - just wish it was about in the 1970's when my Cooper S overheated in London.

--- End quote ---
I had it in my Ducati and the ZX-7R I had Ted, I haven’t put it back into the VFR yet as still fiddling but I will it’s awesome stuff. My pal has it in all his race bikes; crossers and road bikes and works brilliantly. Its only downfall is the cost but it all depends on what you want out of a coolant where you are. I shouldn’t think the lads up in the Orkney Islands wouldn’t need it but it’s common to find bikes in the continent and the states using it for obvious reasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laverdaroo:
Rose hit 109 degrees today in Bath in the rain which was a surprise, think she needs a good look. Might just need burping but I think it’s the rad cap leaking air causing the pressure to drop and not pull fluid from the overflow back to the rad as there’s no hiss when you open the cap. It is 22 years old after all and she’s been ridden quite hard over the years with some monster miles on her now so wouldn’t surprise me but I’ll do the full checks and see what the coo is.

Laverda Dave:
It could be the thermostat that operates the fan Roo. When I bought mine back in 2016 the guy had changed the thermostat after the original failed. Trouble was he fitted the wrong one and on my ride back to London from Halifax (where I bought it) it ran very hot with the rad fan not coming on until 110c. I changed it out for a proper one and it's run fine since with the fan cutting in between 95-98c.
Best bike Honda ever made (apart from the yellow 400/4’s of course 😁).

Laverdaroo:
That’s my thinking tbh but without popping it off I can’t be sure. Hoping to get into it once the vans sorted Thursday. They’re a pig to get to as well aren’t they

Typical lol, keep you posted though

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version