Other Stuff > Desperately Seeking!!

Air box assembly. Got One.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Laverdaroo:
No worries Paddy, glad you’ve sorted one out buddy

Thanks for letting me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laverda Dave:
That's great news to get a rocking horse part like that. The power of the forum👍.
Good work Roo 👍
How's the mighty Viffer performing following it's head transplant?

Laverdaroo:
Ehyup Dave, like a train thanks and hadn’t missed a best although a bit like a ‘slithery train’ whilst out today  in this manky weather. Tractors, mud, diesel all over today…..eek!

I’ve been over in the states for a month and whilst away the body control unit in the van decided to have a bad hair day so until it goes in on Thursday to the auto electricians I’m on the bike. Bbbbrrrrr!

I am however, having overheating issues so about ready to go back in there and see what the coo is. There’s a number of things to check and hoping it shouldn’t be too bonkers but it’s an interesting fault.

It’s only doing it in traffic and as you know, they run hot anyway. It it’s creeping up there but more than it should so it’s either rad cap, cracked transfer pipe, thermostat, water pump or thermostat switch on the fan. Bit to check but I should get it.

Another winter on it has taken its toll on the  fasteners and a few are buggered so the plating bath is needing to come out at some point but it can wait a while yet. Really chuffed with the engine though as like I say, running like an absolute train with a flick of the wrist. How’s yours after effectively de-tuning it for the LEV. Any noticeable difference?

Laverdaroo:

--- Quote from: Laverda Dave on March 04, 2024, 09:58:49 PM ---That's great news to get a rocking horse part like that. The power of the forum.
Good work Roo
How's the mighty Viffer performing following it's head transplant?

--- End quote ---
In the end he got a full set up from a mate of his that was cafe-ing his bike so still got a complete set up here for another member should they need one. Like you say though, power of the forum rocks doesnt it?

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
I have yet to read about anyone on here using the newish waterless coolant on a bike - its better than water for it's cooling properties - just wish it was about in the 1970's when my Cooper S overheated in London.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version