General > Humour

Electric vehicles

<< < (3/5) > >>

Bryanj:
Half a crown a day for doing deliveries at wekend in my day

Athame57:
Blue tits raiding the cream ...when did that last happen?  ;D

K2-K6:

--- Quote from: Athame57 on March 29, 2024, 09:21:23 AM ---Blue tits raiding the cream ...when did that last happen?  ;D

--- End quote ---

Always surprised me as a kid that the birds knew there was something to eat in a non natural container.

We've seen a big resurgence in small birds here in our immediate surroundings, with a "reduction" in squirrel population the bird eggs survive.

Although last week a sparrow hawk came and took a small bird as it tried to get desperately into some bushes right outside rear door of house.

Think it was sparrow, as primarily brown with banding on tail feathers, and of that size too. Considerable speed and dexterity in hunting and quite something to watch.

A fair few owl and woodpecker in wider tree cover around this location. 

taysidedragon:

--- Quote from: Johnny4428 on March 29, 2024, 08:01:03 AM ---Memories of jumping out of the back of the Bedford CF van before it had come to stop with a hand crate in each hand have been brought back to when I was a loon! I remember getting braver and braver until I over cooked it and yes there was glass and milk and me lying on the road. Had to endure the wrath of the boss man then who was the driver. The other thing I remember clearly was Sat delivery was double order and money collection day too. In them days (early seventies) customers rather than get a knock on the door would just leave the money on the doorstep either in an envelope or just loose change in empty bottles. Just seemed to be the norm then and never heard of any money going missing. Must be about 30 years since we lost the glass bottles here, not much “chink” with plastic!😂 Changed days!😳😁

--- End quote ---

My mum is 89 and still insists on putting out cash for her milkman. She puts out notes for more or less milk as well. It must drive the milkman nuts. Most of his customers pay by direct debit but mum refuses to do that! 😂

Johnny4428:

--- Quote from: taysidedragon on March 29, 2024, 11:26:48 AM ---
--- Quote from: Johnny4428 on March 29, 2024, 08:01:03 AM ---Memories of jumping out of the back of the Bedford CF van before it had come to stop with a hand crate in each hand have been brought back to when I was a loon! I remember getting braver and braver until I over cooked it and yes there was glass and milk and me lying on the road. Had to endure the wrath of the boss man then who was the driver. The other thing I remember clearly was Sat delivery was double order and money collection day too. In them days (early seventies) customers rather than get a knock on the door would just leave the money on the doorstep either in an envelope or just loose change in empty bottles. Just seemed to be the norm then and never heard of any money going missing. Must be about 30 years since we lost the glass bottles here, not much “chink” with plastic!😂 Changed days!😳😁

Great that people can still do that Gareth, although yes might be a nuisance for the dairy. We had our milk delivered always until roughly 14 months ago, just realised we were actually paying double what we can get it from the local supermarket. Costs have to be met yes of course for the service but we are at a shop most days anyway.

--- End quote ---

My mum is 89 and still insists on putting out cash for her milkman. She puts out notes for more or less milk as well. It must drive the milkman nuts. Most of his customers pay by direct debit but mum refuses to do that! 😂

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version