SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB350/400

What is this cog called?

<< < (2/4) > >>

ozzybud:
What are the symptoms you are experiencing?

Literally it all has to work together like a well oiled Machine. Everything needs to be checked.

Worn pins or the grooves in the shifting drum.Worn or bent forks. Worn dogs and sockets. Sloppy bearings. And wear or other  issues with the shifting arm not engaging things all the way.

Athame57:
Ozzy, I didn't even know there was an issue with it until it was shown to me, no symptoms. It doesn't really look like much damage and if it is usually the case as I'm told that there is some I just might tell them to ignore it. Even CMSL havn't got the part.

taysidedragon:

--- Quote from: Athame57 on March 08, 2024, 04:04:38 PM ---Ozzy, I didn't even know there was an issue with it until it was shown to me, no symptoms. It doesn't really look like much damage and if it is usually the case as I'm told that there is some I just might tell them to ignore it. Even CMSL havn't got the part.

--- End quote ---

I'd be tempted to put it back then. Can you get pictures of the alleged damage?
After their muckup with the primary chain and not identifying the correct gear I wouldn't trust them.
I hope they don't introduce a problem that wasn't there before! 😕

Athame57:

--- Quote from: taysidedragon on March 08, 2024, 04:11:49 PM ---I'd be tempted to put it back then. Can you get pictures of the alleged damage?
After their muckup with the primary chain and not identifying the correct gear I wouldn't trust them.

--- End quote ---
I was thinking too, maybe a bit out of their depth? They did really good work on my electrics and other things before though. At this rate I'm going to have to accept there is some scuffing (see pic) and hope it isn't much to worry about? Heres a bigger pic of the same. See the scuffing?

ozzybud:

--- Quote from: Athame57 on March 08, 2024, 04:19:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: taysidedragon on March 08, 2024, 04:11:49 PM ---I'd be tempted to put it back then. Can you get pictures of the alleged damage?

--- End quote ---
I was thinking too, maybe a bit out of their depth? They did really good work on my electrics and other things before though. At this rate I'm going to have to accept there is some scuffing (see pic) and hope it isn't much to worry about? Heres a bigger pic of the same. See the scuffing?

--- End quote ---

Honda gearboxes are very robust! I agree with dragon to just roll with it. If it was working before tear down and it shifted through all gears and didn't kick out of gears i see no problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version