Author Topic: My Goldwing  (Read 984 times)

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
Re: My Goldwing
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2024, 01:19:45 PM »
Hello Hubert,
Yes, I remember that Run - must be some years back now?  Let me know when you might be venturing North and I'll see if we can meet up.  I'm away on the Forza to Germany and Austria late May/early June but around most of the rest.  Are you still involved with the sheep?  (Behave yourselves at the back!)

Ian

Offline Honda enthusiast

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2024, 05:29:18 AM »
Hello Ian
Let's see if we can make it happen, engagements permitting I can go at short notice to suit the weather, I'd like that ....
Yes still have sheep and cows although we have cut down the numbers for an easier life...
Kind regards Hubert

Offline Skoti

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2024, 07:38:40 PM »
Honda never put a time ,or mileage, on the belts but i recon 80,000 or 8 years is a good idea, at least its not the dumb Ford idea of a "wet" belt inside the engine!
Only thing i ever had to change unusual was the coupling shaft to pinion on a very early wing that did not have a grease nipple

Bryan,

this is kinda off topic but did you know that Honda use wet belts on their small engines?
My flymo and Honda ride on mower use those engines and are over 20 trouble free years old.

Lifetime Timing Belt Design

GC series, GS series
Honda’s GC and GS engines use the world’s first small engine internal timing belt, designed to last the lifetime of the engine.

Small engine timing belts are usually external and are subject to wear caused by dirt.  Honda’s internal timing belt runs in oil, eliminating the need for conventional drive gears.

This design:

Improves lubrication,
Reduces the weight of the engine, and
Provides quieter operation.

Motorcycling is Life, anything B4 or after is just waiting...

1976 Honda CB750F1

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2024, 08:43:02 PM »
Ford are finding to their cost that "lifetime" aint very long

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal