SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB350/400

Parakeet Yellow Paint Code

<< < (5/5)

Laverda Dave:
Was that the CBX resto with blasting media inside the engine Dave?
[/quote]

That was the one Ash. The magazine ran a series about the restoration. When he finally got it back it lasted about 50 miles before the carnage began. He continued to run updates about it for a while with the ensuing repairs before it just ended with no reason given (I guess money must have changed hands or something similar?). I don't know what happened to the bike in the end.

Bob Berry also started another magazine called 'The Biker' which didn't last long either. I remember issue No.1 featured the Kawasaki Z400J and it was asked if it was the Honda CB400/4 replacement, it wasn't being a bit lardy and slow but still a lovely looking bike and why I restored the BIL's.
I still have my original copy of Japanesse Classic magazine dated May 1992 (£1.80, those were the days!). Features included the CX500 Turbo (or the Orbit if it was in your rear view mirror!), A feature on Tippets Motors in Surbiton, Dave Jupp's RE5, Mike Wilson's Honda CB77, the new Kawasaki GPZ900 and Graham Crosby. Before it was launched I was sent an issue of the pilot copy (a few people in the VJMC were sent a copy at random). It only had about 10 pages and the editor asked the reader if they had a recently completed restoration to feature in the first edition so I answerd and a few weeks later Brain Crighton paid me a visit and my 400/4 featured in issue number 1. The magazine also employed John Mossey to restore a 400/4 as a prize as a feature series. I dont recall it ever being finished before the magazine folded after about 6 issues.

SteveD CB500K0:
Dave Jupp built the cutaway CB750 engine that I had in the barn for many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version