SOHC.co.uk Forums > Other Bikes

A new bike joins the stable - Triumph Speed 400

(1/2) > >>

Matt_Harrington:
Well, I hope this new bike doesn't stop me riding my Hondas - coz, it's great!

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Only managed 90 miles so far and got it dirty but it is a joy to ride!!

Laverda Dave:
This is the first one I have seen in the wild Matt. It's had great reviews in the press and the fit and finish are supposed to be up there with the best. Given it's price think it will give the RE 350's a very close run especially when the power of the two bikes is taken into account with the RE being a bit of a wheezer. It's not that far behind the RE 650's either in terms of power. 
India certainly has come a long, long way in terms of motorcycle production with BMW, Triumph and KTM having motorcycles manufactured over there and far better quality than bikes made in China.
Have fun with it  8)

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
I know naff all about modern Triumphs as  I am young enough to remember the older Speed Twin 500 Bathtub style from the 1960s.

Now I'm showing my style age the gap between the rear mudguard and the rear wheel  is in vogue today for scrambling/off roading?
The road test I've just read heaps lots of praise on your model. I can see your Classic Honda's being sidelined.👍👍👍

Matt_Harrington:
Ted, bigger travel on the rear wheel these days and the tail light is some sort of  EU reg - a lot of people refit with a 'tail tidy'

Dave, the power is quite remarkable for a 400 and more noticeable is the torque - which it seems to have oodles of!

taysidedragon:
I had a good nosey at the 400 bikes on Sunday. They do look good build quality and look bigger than a 400 single. 👍

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version