SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB350/400

1975 CB400F Rear Tank Rubber

(1/2) > >>

ozzybud:
I am wondering If I am missing something simple here with removal and Installing the Rubber over the rear of the tank on my1975  CB400F?

When removing the tank for the first time a couple months ago i broke the rubber trying to pull it back far enough to clear the Tab .

I bought a new OEM Honda rubber. Putting it on the first time seemed like a super long stretch. Then when removing there is nothing really to grab on to. Using a hook i got it out far enough to get my fingers on it. Seems like the tab on the tank could be a quarter of its length.

Am i missing something ?

On the other Honda models its very easy

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
I used a broad cable tie as suggested previously by NJ.
I have left mine in place as it's not in the way.

taysidedragon:
They're all like that unfortunately.  When I bought my bike the original rubber was quite hard and had been damaged by previous owners trying to get the rubber on and off.
I bought a new one, but still really tough to stretch it over the tank tab. The tab could be a lot shorter, I guess Honda over-engineered the fixing to make absolutely sure it never came off by accident.
I use a spring puller to get mine off or the zip tie method works well.

Athame57:
When I first got my CB400F2 it wasn't secured the way it should be and I rode around a few months like that too not knowing different. Eventally someone looking at something else for me at the Blackheath Tea Hut showed me how it is done.  ;D I think Honda want to weed out older riders?  :o

Bryanj:
No just the weaker ones!!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version