SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB750

Vht231d minimum spraying temperature to cure

<< < (2/6) > >>

Green1:
I regularly place rattle cans in hot water when it's cold and have never had an issue. In the summer I have had them get to hot to touch when left in the van and they haven't popped. The same can't be said for tubes of gripfill I had three tubes decide to glue themselves and the shelves contents firmly in place

Honda enthusiast:
I don't want the cylinder liners to move while in the oven...on the K7 the head is bolted to the cylinders with M6 bolts and I was going to do that and place it right way up in the oven...so the tops of the liners are against the cylinder head...

Would that work folks or is there a better way?

Hubert

Athame57:

--- Quote from: Honda enthusiast on April 10, 2024, 10:22:24 AM ---I don't want the cylinder liners to move while in the oven...on the K7 the head is bolted to the cylinders with M6 bolts and I was going to do that and place it right way up in the oven...so the tops of the liners are against the cylinder head...

Would that work folks or is there a better way?

Hubert

--- End quote ---
Surely this is the very hottest part of the engine and as such a few hours of riding might do the job okay?

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
I agree it will soon bake with the engine running.

I have read that similar paints will effectively become curred by air drying alone provided it is a decent room temperature of 20-22 deg C except it takes some 3-4 months as the solvent eventually completely evaporates.

Oven baking just accelerates the drying time to reach full cure down to a hour or two.

When my BiL painted his Fireblade engine he just left it to cure for several months in the summer - it was differnt brand of paint from the USA.  The information does not support my BiL claims although I believe he sought further information from the supplier.https://www.frost.co.uk/vht-cast-iron-engine-enamel/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwmdGYBhDRARIsABmSEePCbaToXB0usEPUkOpLCJlcM6IJMXOzWiGj0maZBRi7auTU2W44CSAaAoV7EALw_wcB

Honda enthusiast:
Thanks both, I'll bake it anyway while my wife's out 😜

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version