General > Out & About

Generation gap x2

<< < (2/4) > >>

Rozabikes Tim:
That's a fab memory.

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
Johnny you have just reminded me of the only time I had my younger brother Paul (then aged 8 yrs) as a pillion passenger one cold February moring back in around 1966 to attend the local Shrovetide Football in Ashbourne.

Were talking well before Crash Helmets were compulsory, we lived near Sutton-on-the-Hill about 10 mies away with our parents. It was a bitter cold day with a hard overnight frost but no snow at home.  As we descended into Ashbourne it was like crossing into the Arctic Circle with some light frozen snow still on the ground plus a howling wind.

To this day he reminds me sometimes that I made him cry in pain due to the cold. I was riding an Ariel Leader with full screen protection. I did not know if I should ride home faster thus increasing the wind chill or slower so we had to endure the freezing cold for longer.

No leathers etc just normal trousers, shoes & a windcheater's, our mother was well pleased to see us return home about three hours later safe but frozen - kids today eh we had it tougher back then lol.

Orcade-Ian:
That’s great Johnny,
But Lovely shot of the big city (Wideford Hill?). Next thing will be an intercom - improves the experience no end - there is an off button too  :)
Just watching the wildlife by Loch Fleet (Dornoch) on our way home - wheel at each corner unfortunately.
Ian

taysidedragon:
Añother new biking recruit. 😎

Skoti:
Johnny,
I should have known that was Kirkwall cos I've once been there.
Camped at Stromness and made a day trip round the island, but got hammered later at a bierfest in the Ferry Inn then forgot about everything.

Happy times...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version