SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB350/400

CB400F Oil pressure switch slow leak

<< < (2/2)

Athame57:
Are you sure the source of this leak isn't actually the seal for the oil pump housing? I'm about to have mine replaced also, it was missing from the seal kit I got for a recent rebuild. Maybe it is a semi-orphaned thing?  ;D

Bryanj:
Its possible the housing has a small crack due to overtightening the taper thread or it could be the cover plate leaking, nurse julie does O ring kits for the pump

Alexrayz:
Hey everyone,

I haven't taken a look yet, I have been mainly investigating on the web. Will keep you updated

Cheers

Alexrayz:
Hey everyone! I finally got to it.

I simply had the bike idle while the left cover plate was off to see where it was leaking from.
Surprise surprise it was the oil pressure switch again, from the switch to pump body thread AND from the eyelet screw thread on the switch itself,.
Guess I'm up for another switch, although I am not sure about which one to pick anymore.
I chose a new switch that is made today for several japanese/ asian automotive manufacturers. Honda lists it as the replacement reference for the original that was used in their 70's UJMs.
Those new switches are around 4 euros a piece, so it felt like a no brainer compared to the 40 - 70 euros originals on Ebay.
Now with the performance from the one  bought, I'm having second thought. Because the cherry on top of the crap cake is that the oil light came on like a minute or 2 after the bike was turned off.
Doesnt look like a quick switch to me, unless the oil does stay pressured well after the pump stop turning (???)

Looking forward to hearing from you all. I hope you guys get good weather!

P.S. : I found out that a motorcycle that won't turn over could be in need for petrol. Whou would've thought? I was already considering taking off my carbs for a clean  ;D ;D

Nurse Julie:
I stock the Genuine Honda oil pressure switch, it's £29.99 - 10% discount + whatever the post cost to you, which isn't much.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version