SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB350/400

Big end bearing help

<< < (2/4) > >>

Deano400:
The Cs on the conrods are the weights, the only thing that matters about that is they are all the same.
Take the As from the webs and your conrod shells are A2, A2, A2, A2 which is Yellow.
Using Green or Brown should give you tight tolerance. Are you just tightening them or torquing them?

Dolomite_:

--- Quote from: Deano400 on April 11, 2024, 08:20:27 PM ---The Cs on the conrods are the weights, the only thing that matters about that is they are all the same.
Take the As from the webs and your conrod shells are A2, A2, A2, A2 which is Yellow.
Using Green or Brown should give you tight tolerance. Are you just tightening them or torquing them?

--- End quote ---

Im torquing to 14.75 lb ft.

It says 14.5 - 15.9. Should I bo going higher? I always go middle to lower end of the range.

Deano400:
I always go middle but I can't see that 14.75 would be a problem.
If they are new shells then it should come in spec no problem.

Dolomite_:

--- Quote from: Deano400 on April 11, 2024, 08:40:02 PM ---I always go middle but I can't see that 14.75 would be a problem.
If they are new shells then it should come in spec no problem.

--- End quote ---

Yeah new shells just a big clearance.

Im just surprised at the clearance. The Haynes manual says 0.018mm to 0.048. I might need to go to black.

Bryanj:
I think you are missreading the plastigauge chart or the micrometer ifvit was the gap you say you would probably feel play

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version