SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

1975 CB500K1 Engine reassembly in frame?

(1/1)

martin_uk:
Started to reassemble my CB500K1 engine and finding just the bottom end quite a lump to handle.

I wanted to double check that it is possible to reassemble everything in the frame once the crank case halves are together and installed and whether anyone else has tried.

I have a motorbike lift which means it is easier to work on at comfortable height.

I have rebuilt a number of CB750 sohc engines and no option other than to assemble up to cam cover, but I was a few years younger then  :D

Nurse Julie:
Yes, it is easy to build up in the frame. Plenty of clearance available between top of breather cover and frame, unlike the 750's.

martin_uk:

--- Quote from: Nurse Julie on April 11, 2024, 09:31:25 PM ---Yes, it is easy to build up in the frame. Plenty of clearance available between top of breather cover and frame, unlike the 750's.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Julie

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
Make sure you leave the sump & oil filter off off it's pretty maneagable just as the crankcase halves, plenty of space to fit the block upwards afterwards.

I used a piece of cardboard in the shape of the sump held in place with a couple of bolts to keep the dog hairs out until I fitted the sump etc.

martin_uk:

--- Quote from: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on April 11, 2024, 11:07:53 PM ---Make sure you leave the sump & oil filter off off it's pretty maneagable just as the crankcase halves, plenty of space to fit the block upwards afterwards.

I used a piece of cardboard in the shape of the sump held in place with a couple of bolts to keep the dog hairs out until I fitted the sump etc.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Ted

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version