Other Stuff > Misc / Open

Celebration of Life service for Morgan Pomeroy - Chester 12th April 2024.

(1/3) > >>

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
Some members here will already be aware that our Grandsons Morgan & James were born following complications with something called TTTTS resulting in both twins having serious birth defects.

Sadly Morgan died on the 24th February 2024 aged 19 years having been born a quadreplegic with all the complication that resulted from his birth - yesterday at Northgate Church in Chester was the Celebration of Life Service attended by his Paediatrician who also gave a short Eulogy as did others who knew the family.

As you can imagine it was an emotional day lifted by photos and accounts by his parents Sharon & Rob of how even with his level of disability he could still express joy with fits of giggles, a raised eyebrow and a huge smile.

Wendy and I came away emotionally drained from the service  with a better understanding of how parents like Sharon and Rob are rewarded by the small signs of appreciation shown by Morgan whose life was so different from the norm.   
I came away with a new understanding of the quality of life being different but no less meaningful for parents of severely disabled children and the relationships between siblings.

Morgans surviving twin James has different challenges following severe developmental issues from brain damage leaving him stuck in terms of mental developmeny firmly in the 4-5 years of age zone. James always had a strong bond with his twin brother verging on obsessional to a casual observer. There will be new challenges ahead for Sharon & Rob as James comes to terms with his new situation.

With our wide membership base there are members here who can empathise with the events of yesterday - when James first saw my 400 he was suitably impressed by the bike. Life goes on  - I look forward to him seeing my 500 in the future.

K2-K6:
Difficult time for all the family Ted, with support and consideration so vital in looking after someone.

Good to talk about them in positive ways, to celebrate their life and appriate them throughout the difficulty they experienced. 

Best wishes for all of your family.

Nigel.

Bryanj:
Sorry to read that Ted, life can be a real swine at times but together we survive, i have started loosing siblings and that brings a new focus

Orcade-Ian:
So sorry for your loss Ted but pleased that there was a celebration of his all too short life.  Probably due to the fact that I have attended quite a few funerals recently I think it's so important to look upon the positive effects his life had on others, especially his brother.  Having worked in a Spinal Injuries unit for many years I can only begin to imagine what effect 24/7 care for someone with tetraplegia has on a family.  I'll raise a glass to your (unknown to me) soldier!

Ian

MCTID:
My sincere condolences to all your Family Ted.

We never know what life is going to throw at us....sometimes it's brilliant, and we count ourselves amongst the luckiest people in the world, and other times we think we have been handed the real shitty end of the stick, and we wonder 'Why us' ?

I have been on both ends of that stick.....but all I can say is that life has a funny way of panning out and whatever we have to face, we just get on with our lives and live and learn.

I hope you and your Family can find peace and comfort in what's happened.........it's all for a reason......but we often don't realise what the reason is for some years to come.

No doubt it will all become clear sometime for you. God Bless.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version