Author Topic: Oily irony  (Read 400 times)

Offline Athame57

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
Oily irony
« on: April 13, 2024, 11:21:42 AM »
Much it seems is being made of the fact that today my special oil for evil ancient petrol burning classic motorcycles from the era of unlimited pollution will be delivered to me on an electric vehicle. Are they trying to tell me something?  ;)
I brake for animals!
1978 CB400F2 called Elen.

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Oily irony
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2024, 11:30:37 AM »
Our Baxi Gas Boiler repair man drives an all electric vehicle - a bit of irony there too. ;D ;D ;D
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline taysidedragon

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2024, 11:40:21 AM »
Dead Teslas are rescued by a diesel powered recovery vehicle. 🤣
Gareth

1977 CB400F
1965 T100SS

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2024, 12:13:38 PM »
C'mon,
You know I'm only allowed 3 rants each day and it's past midday.  When they slap a tax on aviation fuel, ONLY THEN might I sit up and take notice.  If Ursula Von Der Leyen can fly by private jet from Edinburgh (where she was staying) all the way to Glasgow <40 miles for that COPOUT meeting each day then I'm not bovvered!  But coming from Yorkshire, I try not to waste anything.

Ian

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2024, 12:39:46 PM »
It's a Dieselgate scam when an all  electric vehicle has a boot sticker saying zero emission vehicle.
Aside from the mining for the battery parts where do they think the electricity comes from most of the time in the UK when plugging in to charge at night!

Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline Laverda Dave

• SOHC Jedi
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2024, 01:02:06 PM »
The USA is now experiencing national grid problems with demand outstripping supply. The generating companies are saying it is caused by the increasing amount of domestic heat pumps and the increasing number of electric vehicles requiring regular charging! When all our politicians decreed the world go all electric where did they think the increased energy requirements was going to come from!
It's alright for the climate activists to say wind and solar but you can't produce solar power when the sun doesn't shine (common in England especially in autumn, winter and spring, and turbines only work when the wind blows! Solar panels only last 20 years and have high replacement costs. As for building vast wind farms out at sea, they are built by American companies because they receive massive subsidies from the UK government to build them, another type of lend/lease where the tax payer is ripped off. Off shore wind farms are also a big danger to sea birds with a massive increase in death rates.
1976 Honda 400/4
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'Rat' bike
1982 Laverda 120 Jota

Offline SumpMagnet

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2024, 09:11:47 PM »
Easy mistake to make there Dave...but you used the word 'politician' and the word 'think' in the same sentance.

The only consideration most of our politic overlords have around electric vehicles is where they invested their pension fund, who knows how little tax they paid, and how many kickbacks are they getting to promote these things.

If they keep pushing me, I'm gonna buy a KH750, paint it flourescent green, and ride it round Westrminster until the plugs foul. Every day. With expansion pipes on. Dripping unburnt hydrocarbons and leaving clouds of blue smoke.
CB750F2 - in pieces
CB900F Hornet - the daily transport

Offline Athame57

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2024, 01:07:21 AM »
If they keep pushing me, I'm gonna buy a KH750, paint it flourescent green, and ride it round Westrminster until the plugs foul. Every day. With expansion pipes on. Dripping unburnt hydrocarbons and leaving clouds of blue smoke.
Good, you can take over from me if you like. I'm a regular around Parliament square, that top hatted twit Steve Bray knows and hates me!  ;D
I brake for animals!
1978 CB400F2 called Elen.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal