SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Common wire

<< < (2/3) > >>

Neill C:
No I didn't take photos as I thought the wiring diagram would be enough. I'm starting to think that the solenoid isn't original and that it doesn't need to be powered from the black cable. I think it might get its power from the battery terminal internally. The red and green wire on the diagram feeds the clutch lever switch so it might have something to do with that.

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
If the black cable is paired in a short sheath with the Yellow/Red wire from the solenoid I think the black is power from a loom feed from the ignition side with the starter button earthing the solenoid. It depends on how the starter button is wired in the right bar switch. I believe the button normally earths the solenoid.

Easy enough to check the solenoid is working as you can hear it click.

Neill C:
Thanks. I'll try that

Bryanj:
It depends on exactly which bike it is please specify as there are two different ways it works and youcan dodamage if you do it wrong

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
If you loosen the right bar switch clamp you should be able see the various wires inside the switch and work out if the starter  button is a simple earth or if it sends power to the solenoid when depressed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version