Other Stuff > Desperately Seeking!!

400/4 Air Filter 'Panching Plates'

(1/3) > >>

Laverda Dave:
Yes, this is the fancy name for the two perforated metal plates that sandwich the piece of foam inbetween them. They sit in the bottom of the metal air filter housing/battery box and act as a filter for any gases etc before they run down the breather pipe via the plastic chamber located below the air filter housing.
Does anyone have a pair of the plates they would like to sell please? 
The part numbers are 17354-377-000 & 17355-377-000, They are item numbers 27 & 28 in the parts book. I'm happy to pay if anyone has them. They are now unobtainable from Honda, DSS and CSMNL. I have tried Steve at 400Bits but he only has the bare air filter box itself.
I guess these are two of the parts that end up flying over the shoulder of PO's back in the day when they didn't know where they were supposed to go during a rebuild ::).

This is the problem when you buy a project bike that is 90% complete, the missing 10% are always the parts you struggle to get :-\

Hopefully the Saturn V rocket I'm going to restore next in the back yard is all there although I can already see the 'FIRE' button is missing :o

Bryanj:
If you have a V in your back yard i wanna see it.
If you have been to Kennedy you will know about the "Oh Shit" face when leaving the control room mockup and the last Apollo lying down at Houston is impressive

AshimotoK0:
Pretty sure I have a spare set Dave.

May be a day or two till I can check. I deffo have one of them spare.

Yours if I have them.

Laverda Dave:
Thanks Ash👍. I have some 1mm aluminium perforated sheet on order from eBay just in case I have to make something. I know it should be steel but I think the top plate will be difficult to fabricate with all the bends involved and Ali is a bit more pliable. Hopefully you may have something in your stash. The build is coming along nicely now with all the sub assemblies finished.

Laverda Dave:

--- Quote from: Bryanj on April 24, 2024, 02:33:59 PM ---If you have a V in your back yard i wanna see it.
If you have been to Kennedy you will know about the "Oh Shit" face when leaving the control room mockup and the last Apollo lying down at Houston is impressive

--- End quote ---

That's one place on my bucket list Bryan. I have a mate who has over the years collected the signatures of all the Apollo astronauts. He used to go to the conventions.
I occasionally treat myself to watching the full Apollo 11 launch on YouTube, still a fantastic sight 55 years on👍.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version