Other Stuff > Desperately Seeking!!

400/4 Air Filter 'Panching Plates'

<< < (2/4) > >>

taysidedragon:
Dave, mine were missing from my project too so I made them from perforated sheet steel. I found some with a similar hole pattern to the parts diagrams and used the dimensions from the base of the filter box.
The steel bends quite easily with pliers so it's not too hard to do.
A bit of mesh pad to sandwich in between and the jobs a good'un. 👍

AshimotoK0:

--- Quote from: Laverda Dave on April 24, 2024, 03:45:14 PM ---Thanks Ash👍. I have some 1mm aluminium perforated sheet on order from eBay just in case I have to make something. I know it should be steel but I think the top plate will be difficult to fabricate with all the bends involved and Ali is a bit more pliable. Hopefully you may have something in your stash. The build is coming along nicely now with all the sub assemblies finished.

--- End quote ---

I deffo have the one with bends I reckon and has been re-plated  :)

Bryanj:
Dave, i will email/pm you with the details of the oh shit factor

AshimotoK0:
Here goes Dave .....  plating isn't brilliant but no rust.

I found one of the smaller ones and thought somebody had trashed it with a big hole  :( . Then found another and same hole so guess it is meant to be there.  :-[  (Confirmed by some I found on Auction in Japan Yahoo Auctions)

I can either send as-is tomorrow or replate and send next week . Up to you

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Laverda Dave:
Wow, fantastic that's a great result. A thousand thank you's Ash. Without your help with parts I'd be well and truly stuck.
As for the plating, if you are plating other parts (for the RSA maybe 🤔) I'd be more than happy to wait as I have plenty to be getting on with in the meantime in terms of assembly but please don't give yourself any additional work if it distracts you from your own build👍.
By the way, the airbox you sent previously has come up a treat using the hot air gun to bring the oil up to the surface followed by a long soak in some Auto Glym rubber & vinyl restorer.
Thanks again.
Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version