Other Stuff > Misc / Open

Sump gasket...what to think?

(1/1)

Athame57:
I ordered a sump gasket for my CB400F2 as seen here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363126431330
What arrived today in the post.... see the image. Doesn't look quite the same to me :-\  Does the blue on the Interface gasket peel off or something? I'm doubtful I've got what I ordered. I'm not sure if I would need a sealant to use this one. Can anyone offer peace of mind or the opposite?

Laverda Dave:
Looks alright to me George as long as you knock out the bolt holes first! I grease paper gaskets on both sides, I just think it makes it easier to remove them although there are various thoughts if it is a good idea or not considering the heat of the engine. You shouldn't need any form of other sealent, Honda didn't use any and they made the bike!

Athame57:

--- Quote from: Laverda Dave on May 02, 2024, 12:09:56 PM ---Looks alright to me George as long as you knock out the bolt holes first! I grease paper gaskets on both sides, I just think it makes it easier to remove them although there are various thoughts if it is a good idea or not considering the heat of the engine. You shouldn't need any form of other sealent, Honda didn't use any and they made the bike!

--- End quote ---
That would be red grease yes?

Laverda Dave:
I just use normal grease, no fancy high melting point or copper grease just the same grease I use for bearings and swing arm bushes etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version