Other Stuff > Misc / Open

Chrome plater recommendations

(1/2) > >>

SteveW:
Any recommendations for a chrome plater, preferably in the south.

My 550 K0 headlight brackets need doing, so far I’ve been quoted at one place £80 for the pair and £90 each at another place.

Laverda Dave:
I have just used Ashford Chroming located in Crayford S.E. London after my chromer who I have used for 30+ years lost his environmenal licence (unless he was willing to pay thousands for new treatment tanks). Ashford Chroming were absolutely brilliant. The quality of their work is beyond excellent as are their timescales, I got all my stuff back within a month.
They are however expensive but you get what you pay for with chrome. They didn't like the repair on my rear mudguard, didn't think I'd smoothed it down enough (I'd spent hours on it!) so they tweaked it in their in-house panel beating shop.

SteveW:
Thanks Dave, have sent them a message.

AshimotoK0:
I got some fork ears for my 500K0 re-chromed a couple of years back by Marque Restore in Coventry .. they were £35 each then so £90 is probably about right. They madea really good job. I dropped them off at Stafford show and they posted back in a couple of weeks. Not in your area I know but gives you a price guide.

Laverda Dave:

--- Quote from: SteveW on May 08, 2024, 06:04:24 AM ---Thanks Dave, have sent them a message.

--- End quote ---

They will give you a price Steve based on the photos of the parts you send them. However, if you take the parts there yourself without accepting the on-line/emailed quote they can usually do a bit of a deal. That's how I did mine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version