SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

CB500K2 carb bit

(1/3) > >>

AshimotoK0:
I give my wife bits to sell on eBay to keep her sweet and to promote tolerance of by obsession.

She listed a 500 carb plate and lifter rod and someone message to see if she has brass bushes etc ...see pic ..but I can't even see anything like that on my own set of 627B carbs so she can't really help him out. I thought he may have been getting confused with later PD carbs (that I have no experience with) but he says its for a 500K2... She told him to join us on here and ask for help  but it's difficult conversing details on eBay (phone/email etc)  for the fear that eBay police get onto you for attempting to deal without going through them. This would deffo have been a question for Ken !

I do recognise the other bits.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Nurse Julie:
Are they in the hole that the actuator bar goes through 🤔🤔🤔

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Bryanj:
That was my thought

Laverda Dave:
Pretty sure they are.
Ted had an issue with his breaking up during his carb rebuild and posted photos of them. They become damaged when removing the locating dowl by drilling it out and puncturing right through the bush cracking it or when drilling the carb rail to insert a crub screw to hold the lifter rod in position to replace the dowl pin.

Laverda Dave:
The retainer for the felt washers go on the carb bodies though, nothing to do with the carb rail spindle (assuming it is a similar arrangement to the 400/4).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version