SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB350/400

Transmission output shaft bearing removal

(1/3) > >>

Dolomite_:
More bearing headache. I managed to get one of the 5205hs bearings off easily but the other one has a spacer type thing that closes of the hole where the output sprocket it. because its been exposed and dirty and wont budge. I cant get my bearing puller behind the bearing and I don't want to risk trying to pull the bearing and spacer off by the gear sprocket. Has any had any luck removing it?

Laverda Dave:
I would be tempted to get some local heat onto the spacer (not the shaft itself) followed by some gentle taps with a suitable thin and flat wooden wedge GENTLY inserted between the spacer and the bearing going slowly all the way round, these things usually let go with heat and gentle persuasion. If the wooden wedge doesn’t work get that old flat blade screwdriver out that you use to stir paint with! Good Luck.

Laverdaroo:

--- Quote from: Laverdaroo on May 26, 2024, 05:30:52 PM ---How to remove the output bearing.

Remove the gear next to to bearing, fit the shaft loosely in a vice so not to mark it and allow it to move and knock the bearing off the shaft so that it moves away from the collar, once it moves a little it will come off easily. Protect the end of the shaft when hitting it. Once off there is a really thin oring fitted between the bearing and the collar, on no account try to remove the collar unless it’s ruined. Do not under any circumstances insert anything between the bearing and the collar.

From a trusted source

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
Iirc there is an O ring between that collar and the gears so heat would ruin that.

Dolomite_:

--- Quote from: Laverdaroo on May 26, 2024, 05:30:52 PM ---How to remove the output bearing.

Remove the gear next to to bearing, fit the shaft loosely in a vice so not to mark it and allow it to move and knock the bearing off the shaft so that it moves away from the collar, once it moves a little it will come off easily. Protect the end of the shaft when hitting it. Once off there is a really thin oring fitted between the bearing and the collar, on no account try to remove the collar unless it’s ruined. Do not under any circumstances insert anything between the bearing and the collar.

From a trusted source

--- End quote ---

I've added the picture, it didn't work at first.

I don't think the bearing first over the collar? The collar seems to be bigger than the bearing.

Its the collar that I cant seem to remove. I've not tried heating it up yet, I'm going to try later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version