Author Topic: Withdrawal Symptoms  (Read 5087 times)

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Withdrawal Symptoms
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 07:19:17 AM »
WHEN MEN BRAG AT THE SIZE OF THERE MANHOOD ITS ALWAYS INCHES NEVER MM

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2010, 01:05:52 PM »
Think of the number if it was mm!!!
I did my OND in 72 in metric then went to sea on ships built in the 50's with a big blank look and a Huh? at all the gaugess!!!

Offline captaindonutbikes

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2010, 03:39:52 PM »
this is the first year i have decided not to 'hack' it through the winter and i think my choice was well advised! nothing worse than a fubarred bike due to road conditions.

all i can say is that my bike electrics and new seat i am constructing will have more time spent on them than they really need!

although being skint and having no new winter project is sending me up the wall. all i can do is wait til spring now.

:-\
cb550k3 cafe

Offline Yoshi823

• SOHC Pro
  • Biker to the bone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2010, 10:17:07 PM »
Went out on the dirt bike last Sunday...sideways on black ice...no problem...sure gets the heart beat up though. The main downside to dirtbiking in the snow is that you cannot see the ruts...
Bikes...they're in the blood.
Yamaha R1 2001
Yamaha FZR1000R EXUP 1990
KTM 450 EXC RFS 2004
Honda XR400R 1997
Honda CB125T2 1980
Yamaha FJ1200 3XW 1991

Offline RupertB

• SOHC Associate
  • If a hammer won't fix it, then it's electrical.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 09:50:31 PM »
I bought a CB500/4 in 1980 about 3 months before I actually did my test, got a mate to ride it from the dealer to home, then let him ride it to Edinburgh and back with me on the back. In January. It is the only time I have had one of my eyes freeze shut. Oddly I remember enjoying the trip too, and with only the kit that student finances would allow - AGV polycaronate helmet, no earplugs, knitted sweater and leather jacket with thin nylon oversuit. Now I have heated jacket, heated gloves and a fairing. But the ultimate winter clothing for an old fart like me is a car. Roll on spring, or at least temperatures which allow me to work on the project in the garage! I jealously salute the ones who keep riding in this weather, but am equally happy to wimp out!
Author of 'Prisoners Property and Prostitutes' by Tom Ratcliffe. You'll enjoy it and I need the money.

Offline Yoshi823

• SOHC Pro
  • Biker to the bone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2010, 11:46:39 AM »
When my first CB550 was stolen from outside of my flat back in February 1979 I was a bit down. While at a friend's party my brother suggested that we ride down to Hastings for a laugh...at 11pm at night. Thinking that he would back out as soon as I said yes, I got my jacket on & walked towards the door, telling him to get his keys ready. At this time the M25 was still being built around the Sevenoaks turn off, so he rode a bit gingerly due to patches of ice. Having got down to the Little Eater/Happy Chef on the A21 near Flimwell we swapped places. Now the lights on his XL250K3 were not good at the best of times, & on this dark night they were no better...how we got down to the coast I do not know. The place was dead, so we turned around & headed for home, with me still driving. We got as far back as the M25/A21 roadworks when one of the pillion footpegs fell off. I must admit, at 3am, the sight of my brother walking all doubled up with frozen knees was soooo funny it still makes me smile to remember it now. Having no tools on board, we made the best of remounting the errant footpeg & carried on into Bromley & my flat. I slept until the pubs opened & we made our way to discuss the previous evenings adventure. The problem was that nobody believed that we rode two up all of the way down to the coast & back just for a laugh.

Those were the days...I wouldn't do it again.
Bikes...they're in the blood.
Yamaha R1 2001
Yamaha FZR1000R EXUP 1990
KTM 450 EXC RFS 2004
Honda XR400R 1997
Honda CB125T2 1980
Yamaha FJ1200 3XW 1991

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal