Author Topic: electrical problem  (Read 2093 times)

Offline muttblbc

• View Profile
electrical problem
« on: November 18, 2010, 11:35:53 PM »
started wrenching on a cb350f thats been sitting for a bunch of years. I dont have a battery in it but I hooked my booster box up to it just to check compression and spark on it. I got no lights, horn, starter, instrument panel, nothing. If I arc the solenoid with a screwdriver the motor spins. the fuse looked fine but I put a brand new one in anyway I got continuity out of both sides of the fuse and when I took a test light to it both sides made it glow. went through the headlight bucket and everythings connected. Electrical is definatley a weak point for me and any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: electrical problem
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 05:03:21 AM »
Check power into and out of ignition switch (red in Black out)

Offline notobikeparkingtax

• View Profile
    • No to bike parking Tax
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 09:21:25 PM »
Has a previous owner installed a hidden cut-out switch somewhere perhaps ?

In your situation I would 'follow the juice' using a voltmeter or simple test light (a bulb with a wire soldered to the body and another to the pip on the bottom.)
As BryanJ said, I'd start at the wire that takes power into the ignition switch, see if there's power there and if there isn't go back to the battery and follow the power towards the switch, testing for current at each connector.

Whereabouts are you ? Perhaps a fellow board member is nearby and can help.

Offline muttblbc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 06:22:21 PM »
It was a bad ignition switch, Thanks!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal