Author Topic: CDI ignition  (Read 1286 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
CDI ignition
« on: December 30, 2010, 10:40:44 AM »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: CDI ignition
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 04:03:34 PM »
I thougt te CDItype needed special coils to handle the higher primay voltage? Don't know of anybody making one for aftermarket use.

Back in the 70's made an electronic Tacho using Practical electronics and fitted it to my Royal Enfield Crusader, worked ok to 3,000 then points bounce started and it wenrt crazy

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 10:36:05 AM »
My 400/4 had the standard coils on it and it never missed a beat in 20k miles. It was still on it when I sold the bike. Just checked and that bike is taxed until Jan 2012!!! XDN128R

Bryan - any chance you can scan me the pages of your early 750 K0 parts book - carbs, electrics and oil pump, please?

Cheers

Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 01:54:34 PM »
I did send you a mail direct yesterday mate but my incomming server has been down for a while (my fault--new CC forgot to change details) so let me know exactly what you want and i will do my best

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal