Author Topic: CB750K7 Seat  (Read 1551 times)

Offline UKROBK7

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
CB750K7 Seat
« on: February 18, 2011, 09:19:34 AM »
Does anyone know where you can get an accurate copy of the seat cover for a K7?  I have tried Moretti, D silvers, ebay sellers and even tried a chap in New Zealand but they all sell seats or covers with a large block pattern.  I have a good powdercoated pan and a very good replacement foam (not the one in the photo) so i don't really want to buy a complete seat BUT I may have to so if anyone has one for sale...........

The photos show the pattern I am after and also the pattern that was rubbed into the original seat foam.

Rob

Offline the-chauffeur

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: CB750K7 Seat
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 01:02:11 AM »

Rob

That's a tough one to find.  Have you tried these folks?  They list a K6 pattern on their site and say they have a bunch of other non-listed models.  I'm guessing if you can supply the old cover, they can remake one for you.

Alternatively, Wemoto offer made to order covers, but as with most places, don't have any examples of specific shapes/sizes.  Not much help there.

Offline UKROBK7

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 07:31:04 AM »
Thanks chauffeur.  Yes I've tried them - they are only a short distance from me.  Very helpful and knew of the problem with the cover but explained the demand wasn't there at the moment to justify the cost of settng up the heat pattern (I think he said it was about

Offline the-chauffeur

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 03:28:14 PM »

Hmmm.  That is tough.

About the only other option I can think of right now is that you try to get hold of a professional restorer - someone like John Wyatt (Rising Sun Restorations).  Doesn't have a website, but his contact details are here.  If anyone knows where to get one, he will, although I've no idea how/if he responds to requests for assistance.

Alternatively, I s'pose you might be able to track down one of the replacement seat manufacturers and ask them if they can get you a cover . . .

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal