SOHC.co.uk Forums > Recommended Sources for Parts and Services

David Silver (Honda parts)

(1/3) > >>

BigAl (Alan):
I have just received a delivery from David Silver Spares, everything delivered 1st class service as always!
There is a note with my invoice explaining that the 'HONDA' legend/word has been removed from the NOS packaging due to legal issues. I gather that 'HONDA' (is it legal to type this now!!!)have succeeded with there legal action

Alan

kaceyk2:
Hya BigAl, that one passed me right by, could you "run it by me"?  What were Honda moaning about....?
If packets with genuine "Honda" parts were seen to be sold , how can that possibly hurt Honda?
I would have thought that it would be just more free advertising for Honda?
this world we live in has turned very strange, and is turning even stranger by the moment....

kaceyk2:
Ahhh, something has just occured to me....
"New Old stock" (nos)  is perfectly fine for some things that dont deteriorate with age...BUT, some things do, especially rubber and some plastics etc.
I have heard folk selling oil seals saying "these are new, they haven't been kicking around in a warehouse for years" meaning (I think) they will not be brittle and hard.....
Maybe with things like a cam chain guide and tensioner wheel for instance, a nos part that someone has saved since 1976 may have suffered some effects of time.... maybe HOnda are distancing themselves from any possibilty of "catastrophic engine failure" that may result?? Then if someone complained that they had fitted a new (nos) part, Honda could say "not one of ours" meaning not one they had sanctioned??
just a thought....

SteveD CB500K0:
Here's the story:

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=78388.0

BigAl (Alan):
I think Steve could explain this better than me (he posted some legal action details a few months ago) I think the problem has come from the franchised dealers (ie we should buy from the Honda dealer) But in my case, I have a CB750 K4 (American model) I order my parts from DS who then buy parts from the USA.
But because DS is not a Honda franchised dealer, they could be liable for infringing the brand in some way???...I do not fully undstand this!!!

So my recently delived chrome head light rim part No 33101-405-671 with red/white sicker and bar code now has the (HONDA) legend cut out of it.
It sounds very petty to me

Alan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version