General > New Member Introductions

(1/2) > >>

steviecb1000:
Hi all, im from Bradford and have a 1972 CB750K2 and a 1976 CB750K6, i think the CB750 Ks are what as a kid i thought a bike should look like, im also doing up a 1976 CB250G5 which im taking down to the BMF to show on the HOC stand... i will post some photos of the bikes when i get the camera out i have a few jobs to do on them first..

K2-K6:
Welcome to the forum.

I've got exactly the same years of 750s as that but both are currently not in use and need work, a blue K2 and red K6.

Also first saw these when I was young in spectator car parking when we went to bike race meetings just thought they were the best looking thing I'd ever seen, mainly gold ones.

SteveD CB500K0:
Are you the guy on the HOC forum who's renovating the G5?

I'm afraid I have only bad memories of them as my room-mate at Uni (1978) couldn't afford a 4 so bought a CB360. It was a dog and required more top-end rebuilds than I care to remember.

He persuaded his parents to sign the forms in the end and chopped it in for an F1.

Steve

vmaxbx:
hello from the bronx, everybody. i commute daily on my stock 1978 cb750f supersport. i bought it spur of the moment when i spied it in a friends garage. he had just "drank the  cool ade" and bought a new h.d softtail custom, and was looking to sell his "starter bike".  the "f" was garaged and impecably maintained for all of its 32 years, and had 8700 original miles. i rode it home, title in hand, for $800. i bought new tires and changed the oil, and so far have put 300 trouble-free miles on her. one problem i've since noticed is that the bike is "crabbing" {if i drive through a puddle i leave 2 tire tracks, and the front end don't aim exactly straight ahead when i'm going down the road}. so that's my inspiration for joining this forum: i need help, and who better to educate me?
i also own a 1985 yamaha vmax, a 1989 yamaha vmax, an american bulldog, and an american pit-bull terrier.

SteveD CB500K0:
Hello New Yorker!

Best case: someone has put the wrong spacers in the front or rear wheels so they don't line up.

Worst case: bent frame  :(

You might want to check out www.sohc4.net as most of our US cousins hang out there.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version