Author Topic: Found on a Piano forum.....(shame on us)  (Read 1605 times)

Offline kaceyk2

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Found on a Piano forum.....(shame on us)
« on: May 08, 2011, 01:32:14 AM »
Well , I found this on a Piano forum I am a member of.
If anyone fancies getting the set up together themselves, count me in as the Player-Pillion.
I can play rock etc but prefer to play classical.

I would love this set up as it would resolve the issue of busking with a piano.
The way this "outfit" turns is amazing, I can testify that using both hands behind my back I cannot even lift a corner of a grand piano 1mm off the ground....Steinway send a "team" of six men out to get them on the dollies. amazing...

Grand Piano sidecar on BSA A10 Golden Flash
Taking comfort in not owing China 75 Trillion Dollars.

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Found on a Piano forum.....(shame on us)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 10:39:30 AM »
Sidecars are brilliant to turn round on, I can u turn my 500/4 outfit in single track roads (needs about 8 or 9 foot, the chair wheel can stay put) and on one occasion managed a probably rather silly but Very fun 60mph U turn on a fast a road just outside Frome, Sommerset. The bike can pull a chair really well even with stock chain and sprocketts and You'd be amzed at the weight an outfit can haul - I know I've had stupid ammounts of junk onboard comming home from farm sales and that's with some of the steepest hills mid Wales has to offer to negotiate. I doubt a grand piano would be that practical for shopping or would appriciate being used in all weathers though so I'll pass
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 10:44:47 PM »
Heres my old outfit  8), made it to pass my test on back in the 80's  ;), had loads of fun on this, i could lift the chair wheel and ride down the road on 2 wheels   :D, cheers Mick.

Offline kaceyk2

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 04:33:37 AM »
Okay Mick,  I really need to know whats in the box.... Please. If you dont tell me I will just make things up in my mind, like lots of tools, or a cat, or an exgirlfriend.
I know other folk can just except it's a "boxy" sort of sidecar outfit, but I keep thinking its got a cover to keep something in particular dry. It's not spares for a horse drawn finger mower isit?
My brain is going into overdrive... damnit, whats in the box?
Thanks.
"just stuff" is not an answer.
Taking comfort in not owing China 75 Trillion Dollars.

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 10:50:47 AM »
nothing exciting in the box  :D, when i first got it on the road i used to ride round with it half full of newspapers to add weight and keep the chair wheel down lol, i had the cover knocking around and a friends girlfriend altered it it on the sewing machine to fit thought it finished the box off better  ;) cheers Mick.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal