Author Topic: What length Brake Hose  (Read 2136 times)

Offline neilma

• View Profile
What length Brake Hose
« on: April 13, 2011, 11:52:28 AM »
Hi all,

I want to replace the existing rubber and copper pipe work and switch on my 400/4 and have a braided steel brake hose running from the master cylinder direct to the caliper.
Has anyone else done this and can remember the length I need to order? Also what fittings would I need to specify (I know its a banjo at the lever end, but at the caliper its a screw in thread - whats that called?)

Thanks
Neil

470four

Re: What length Brake Hose
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 08:20:39 AM »
Hi Neil,

I have this done to my 400 with a standard fitting at the caliper end with a banjo bolt through it? Am running a microswitch for the brake light off the Suzuki master cylinder & lever I am running, will try to get a pic of the caliper today   :)

Offline neilma

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 04:52:33 PM »
Brilliant ! Thanks very much. Thats exactly what I want to do (but using the std MC so I will use a banjo brake switch instead of your micro switch). So I think all i need to know now is what is the name of the fitting that goes into the caliper (or the thread size etc) ?
Thx

470four

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 03:06:20 PM »
Here you go:

45deg fitting off the hose into the caliper itself, all good!

(Forgot to measure the length...  :-[)

Offline kaceyk2

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 04:39:45 PM »
neilma... its also called a  banjo bolt at your caliper end !
Taking comfort in not owing China 75 Trillion Dollars.

Offline neilma

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 07:57:12 PM »
Thanks for the photo 470Four! I hadnt thought  ::) to try a banjo bolt in there :) On previous pictures I had seen it looked like the end of the hose had a threaded end which wound straight into the caliper which meant you could do away with the banjo fitting (and bolt) and just wind the hose straight into the caliper.

Anyway, thanks for your help guys - shall get on the phone to Hel tomorrow and get some hose ordered up!

Cheers
Neil

Offline neilma

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 02:23:03 PM »
Just to close this down - I purchased a 31 Inch length hose, with a Straight Banjo at one end (probably with hindsight would have got a 20 degree bent one, but the straight works ok). At the other end, I specified a M1.25 Concave fitting. This then bolts straight into the caliper.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal