General > Announcements

SMF 2.0: What do you think?

(1/4) > >>

SteveD CB500K0:
Hi everyone.

Now that SMF 2.0 has moved from the Release Candidate into full release, I was thinking of upgrading the forum.

Glenn Stauffer did this on http://forums.sohc4.net a few months ago (he was using RC5) so take a look over there and let me know what you think.

My main reason for wanting to change is that the new software has far better security and spam resistance. At the moment I get about 30-40 spam registrations per day. It only needs one to get through to swamp the boards...

Also, this version of SMF is now only updated with bug fixes as the focus has moved on.

What do you think?

Steve

Spitfire:
Hi Steve, It's natural to resist change and it's so easy to say "that's a bad idea" but in the end we are very adaptable, so if it is better and safer I would go for it. If it was a set of new improved more efficient brake pads I would surely buy them.

Cheers

Den

UK Pete:
Steve, the SOHC4 forum has been spoilt a bit in my opinion, i really struggle to get the enthusiasm to go there now, my problem is that the bold text should be the thread title and not the name of thread starter, and so now my eyes really struggle to pick out the title when scanning through quickly
I like the way we are set up now on this site, although my opinion means very little , and what will be will be i thought i would just mention incase you should take on board my views, keep the bold font in the thread title and it would be so much better
Pete

SteveD CB500K0:
There was some dissent initially at .net but as Den says, we get used to it. I can even find my way around Windows 7 now!

I will have to change eventually, it depends upon how long the 1.1.x version stays supported.

I like the ease of use of the add-ins on 2.0 - the gallery, calendar, advertising and treasury modules especially [when John transferred this site to me, the first thing I was hit with was a

florence:
Gosh, shows how rarely I go to the USA site.  I just looked and it seems fine to me, not much different really and if it means better security then we should do it.  I'm not sure about the advertisements though?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version