Author Topic: 750 airbox and carbs  (Read 1340 times)

Offline toddr513

• View Profile
750 airbox and carbs
« on: June 29, 2011, 03:42:22 AM »
I am having problems with my cb 750k, I went back to the stock airbox, and now i cant run the bike without the choke up and the second I put it down, it just bogs down when i give it gas.
Also my two right exhaust pipes are hot as shit when i am running it, and the two left are kinda warm when I run the bike for like a minute.
I think i need to pull my carbs apart and see what they are jetted at, does anyone know what the stock air and main jetts are, and does anyone have any advice thanks! I am also running stock exhaust.

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: 750 airbox and carbs
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 07:08:50 PM »
I'd have a look at the carbs generally first to find out what is actually in them as it will at least not waste time in chasing through other routes.

Has it got two fuel feed pipes to carbs one to each pair? if so check they are both clear.

Offline david451

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Re: 750 airbox and carbs
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 12:37:19 AM »
I am having problems with my cb 750k, I went back to the stock airbox, and now i cant run the bike without the choke up and the second I put it down, it just bogs down when i give it gas.
Also my two right exhaust pipes are hot as shit when i am running it, and the two left are kinda warm when I run the bike for like a minute.
I think i need to pull my carbs apart and see what they are jetted at, does anyone know what the stock air and main jetts are, and does anyone have any advice thanks! I am also running stock exhaust.

You went back to the stock air box? was it running ok before then.

From what you say it sounds like two cylinders are not running, no fuel to the carbs on that side, as mentioned, or no sparks, don't know what's in them yet but is there two sets of points and one set has failed. Jets are not going to make that much of a difference, unless both are blocked, or the floats are stuck down, but that's no fuel as mentioned.

Are there any vacuum pipes off and it's drawing air.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal